So I’ve had a bit of a break from blogging in general – it was sunny outside, and warm, and there was something on the telly… – but I’m getting back into Chartership again now it’s autumn (just).
I only got as far as week six with my to do lists, so I’m going to try and do one a fortnight instead from now on. Bit more of a chance I’ll keep it up!
My PPDP has been approved by my mentor so I’ve got to send that off to CILIP this week, and I need to organise my CPD spreadsheet so that I can start compiling my portfolio. I’m at the point now where I know what I want to do, it’s just a case of doing it and documenting it, then reflecting. It sounds so easy when I put it like that!
To do in the next few weeks:
- Send PPDP to CILIP
- Properly start CPD spreadsheet – with a column for reflecting
- Catch up on CPD23 course – woefully behind!
- Finish reorganising what’s already on the intranet
Not too bad but I still need to make time in my life for reading all my RSS’d articles. I need a few telly-free nights I think!
- Get mentor to sign PPDP and send to CILIP – PPDP is with mentor
- Write up notes from recent events – done
- Reflect on work since return from leave – doing
- Catch up with Google Reader articles – um…
- Start writing CPD audit – I’ve created a Google spreadsheet (I do love a Google spreadsheet)
After a brief hiatus (weekends away + busy office = too many distractions!) I’m getting back into chartering. A bit of progress – I’ve written my PPDP, hurrah!
- Get mentor to sign PPDP and send to CILIP
- Write up notes from recent events
- Reflect on work since return from leave
- Catch up with Google Reader articles
- Start writing CPD audit
So I’m a bit behind on my blogging… Found this in my draft folder, oops. I’m looking at it as a two-week holiday, and now I’m back to chartership and CPD23. Promise.
- Take a look at Cilip databases for background info on relevant topics – done
- Set up RSS feeds to blogs I read regularly – done, through Google Reader – now I just need to remember to check it!
- Email PPDP draft to mentor – done
- Talk to manager about goals – still not found time
I need to pay attention to the body of knowledge part of Chartership, and it fits in with Thing 4 of CPD23 too.
- Take a look at Cilip databases for background info on relevant topics
- Set up RSS feeds to blogs I read regularly
- Email PPDP draft to mentor
- Talk to manager about goals
Much of the same this week, and I’m starting to look at portfolio items. With starting work and CPD23, I’m losing sight of chartership a bit, but CPD23 will be part of my portfolio so I guess that counts!
I’m a bit worried that my PPDP goals are too unrealistic too, so I’m going to redraft them.
- Review PPDP, and redraft, now that I’m back at work and can remember what it is I do!
- Talk to my line manager about goals
- Make contact with my mentor, and put our initial meeting in the diary
- Catch up with Delicious bookmarks
I think I managed a little better with more realistic goals this week (although with the number of articles I tag every day I think ‘catching up with Delicious’ will be a regular feature!).
- Read portfolio examples – done
- Draft PPDP – I read the presentation on PPDP (from Cilip site), took notes and carried out the task to identify key training and development needs. The brainstorming session was really useful in pinpointing what I really need to work on. I’ve made a draft and I’m going to discuss it with my mentor in a few weeks, once she’s over the early baby days! I’m going to talk to my manager too, now I’m back at work.
- Catch up on Delicious articles – done
Trying to keep it simple this week, so I can really focus on where I want to get to on my Chartership journey.
- Read more Chartership portfolio examples
- Write a proper draft PPDP
- Catch up on articles I’ve added to my Delicious bookmarks list