David Dunkley Gyimah (@viewmagazine), award-winning videojournalist and lecturer, View Magazine
- Videojournalism and art don’t need to be separate – videojournalism must move to a more visual language, the camera gives meaning to the story
- eg film of poet John Hegley reading Tarantella (http://viewmag.blogspot.com/, scroll down)
- New technology opens up a wider field, shouldn’t be a dead language (traditional video reporting is very staid, very set sequence of shots)
- Important to discuss content design as well as website design
- When you make a film you can be impartial but you can’t be objective because you have authorship, you editorialise by picking shots
- A debate is needed on how to do videojournalism – loves a ding dong!