I’m not up to speed with CPD23 Thing 5 yet (is it too early for a catch-up week?) but I do know it’s about reflective learning. I haven’t posted my notes from my visit to Umbrella yet, and I’m going to try and write a properly reflective post next week, but in keeping with Thing 5, these are the initial reflections I jotted down on the train back on Wednesday.
- Don’t just assume you know what users/colleagues want, ask them (surveys/studies/informal chats) – Ian Rowlands, Nigel Ford & Alan Brine good egs of building service/training on solid research
- Libraries need to get ahead of the digital curve again – Nick Stopforth & Alan Poulter
- Wikis are a useful tool for internal use – Alan Brine eg ‘the67things’
- Google Generation results don’t just apply to teens – our users tend to expect quick answers, skim not in depth (Ian Rowlands)
- Lots of links to check out