I only returned from maternity leave a month ago, and I’ve been using up my holidays, so I wasn’t meant to be in the office today! But we have a couple of meetings this morning, so I’m doing a half day. I’ll be back to three days a week from next week – I’m only a part-timer. It’s great to be able to split my time between work and home while the kids are small, but I do feel a bit out of the loop workwise when I come in on a Monday and have to play catch-up.
- 9.30am – In on time again! Must be trying to impress #libday7 folks.
- 10am – Called Nielsen Bookscan for sales figures for the Man Booker Prize longlist titles, to add to the Datablog spreadsheet.
- 10.30am – Meeting with manager and the press office about our intranet, which needs a major revamp.
- 11am – Nielsen have sent the sales figures through so I’ve added them to the document and relaunched the blogpost with the new info (Alan Hollinghurst is out in front FYI).
- 11.30am – Department meeting with head of SEO to learn more about optimising our online posts.
- 12.30pm – Hometime!