So I’ve had a bit of a break from blogging in general – it was sunny outside, and warm, and there was something on the telly… – but I’m getting back into Chartership again now it’s autumn (just).
I only got as far as week six with my to do lists, so I’m going to try and do one a fortnight instead from now on. Bit more of a chance I’ll keep it up!
My PPDP has been approved by my mentor so I’ve got to send that off to CILIP this week, and I need to organise my CPD spreadsheet so that I can start compiling my portfolio. I’m at the point now where I know what I want to do, it’s just a case of doing it and documenting it, then reflecting. It sounds so easy when I put it like that!
To do in the next few weeks:
- Send PPDP to CILIP
- Properly start CPD spreadsheet – with a column for reflecting
- Catch up on CPD23 course – woefully behind!
- Finish reorganising what’s already on the intranet
Not too bad but I still need to make time in my life for reading all my RSS’d articles. I need a few telly-free nights I think!
- Get mentor to sign PPDP and send to CILIP – PPDP is with mentor
- Write up notes from recent events – done
- Reflect on work since return from leave – doing
- Catch up with Google Reader articles – um…
- Start writing CPD audit – I’ve created a Google spreadsheet (I do love a Google spreadsheet)
After a brief hiatus (weekends away + busy office = too many distractions!) I’m getting back into chartering. A bit of progress – I’ve written my PPDP, hurrah!
- Get mentor to sign PPDP and send to CILIP
- Write up notes from recent events
- Reflect on work since return from leave
- Catch up with Google Reader articles
- Start writing CPD audit
So I’m a bit behind on my blogging… Found this in my draft folder, oops. I’m looking at it as a two-week holiday, and now I’m back to chartership and CPD23. Promise.
- Take a look at Cilip databases for background info on relevant topics – done
- Set up RSS feeds to blogs I read regularly – done, through Google Reader – now I just need to remember to check it!
- Email PPDP draft to mentor – done
- Talk to manager about goals – still not found time
I need to pay attention to the body of knowledge part of Chartership, and it fits in with Thing 4 of CPD23 too.
- Take a look at Cilip databases for background info on relevant topics
- Set up RSS feeds to blogs I read regularly
- Email PPDP draft to mentor
- Talk to manager about goals
Much of the same this week, and I’m starting to look at portfolio items. With starting work and CPD23, I’m losing sight of chartership a bit, but CPD23 will be part of my portfolio so I guess that counts!
I’m a bit worried that my PPDP goals are too unrealistic too, so I’m going to redraft them.
- Review PPDP, and redraft, now that I’m back at work and can remember what it is I do!
- Talk to my line manager about goals
- Make contact with my mentor, and put our initial meeting in the diary
- Catch up with Delicious bookmarks